Another strong point of any community is the youth belonging to it. History stands witness to the great changes that youngsters brought about! Their strength is the strength of any family, community or nation.
And hence Prajashakthi attaches importance to liberating youngsters
- From ignorance - by providing them education
- From poverty - by showing them the avenues of income
- From unemployment - by making them utilize their skills to best use
The mantra that Prajashakthi developed for achieving the above objectives is EDP - Entrepreneur Development Project.
EDP trains educated and unemployed youth to set up micro enterprises. The Project guides them through the whole process right from
- choosing the nature of enterprise,
- preparing a project report and most importantly
- getting the finances for their enterprise by providing credit guarantee - Thanks to EDP, young entrepreneurs need not pledge any securities for investment. The Foundation takes care of that by giving credit guarantee to the banks!
- Marketing - Prajashakthi helps networking and facilitates marketing the products
EDP, in directing the entrepreneurs' enterprises, takes consideration of the requirements of the community. It encourages the young entrepreneurs to set up community need based enterprises such as:
- Grocery stores
- Meat shop
- Stationery stores
- Electrical works
- Auto mobile repairing
- Poultry farming
- Mushroom farming
- Shoe making
- Sanitary napkin manufacturing
and other such enterprises which make the community self sufficient.
The young entrepreneurs now not only become proud owners of their own enterprises but also take part in creation of wealth for the community by creating jobs.
Apart from creating young entrepreneurs, the Foundation is also hiring their services in various community uplifting projects. The younger generation are more ambitious, willing to learn and more flexible towards change. This encouraged the Foundation to put the youth in charge of uplifting the community and bringing about changes.
The Foundation ensures that these youngsters are not only employed but also become community leaders and global citizens. And that's not the end of it. Prajashakthi also aims at:
- Maintenance of the infrastructure provided by the Government and other Agencies.
- Resource Utilization for Economic Empowerment
- Sanitation, Health and Welfare
- Importance of Education
- Micro Economics Areas: small savings, corporate banking, Self Help Groups etc